Have you noticed usually tea is served about only 70% full in the teacups?
Have you ever wonder why?
Here are the answers for you:
- To prevent in getting the tea drinker to get burn by the hot temperature of the tea during the process of tea appreciation
- To prevent tea from overflowing onto the table which may wet the clothing of individual
- Every pot of tea is meant for multiple rounds of tea appreciation process
- Prior to drink the tea, one should look at the colour of the tea, smell its fragrance. If the tea is filled up to the rim of the cup, it will make this step impossible.
- The distance between the tea water and the mouth will allow one to smell the fragrance of the tea prior to drink it